If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
High school geometry
Unit 1: performing transformations, unit 2: transformation properties and proofs, unit 3: congruence, unit 4: similarity, unit 5: right triangles & trigonometry, unit 6: analytic geometry, unit 7: conic sections, unit 8: circles, unit 9: solid geometry, review articles.
Congruent Triangles (Geometry Curriculum - Unit 4) | All Things Algebra®
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in.
This Congruent Triangles Unit Bundle contains guided notes, homework assignments, three quizzes, a study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Classifying Triangles by Sides and Angles
• Angles of Triangles: Triangle Angle Sum Theorem and Exterior Angle Theorem
• Isosceles and Equilateral Triangles
• Triangle Congruence: SSS and SAS
• Triangle Congruence: ASA and AAS
• Right Triangle Congruence: HL
• Mixed Review of Triangle Congruence
• Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles are Congruent (CPCTC)
Please download the preview to see a sample outline along with a collage of some of the pages.
ADDITIONAL COMPONENTS INCLUDED:
(1) Links to Instructional Videos: Links to videos of each lesson in the unit are included. Videos were created by fellow teachers for their students using the guided notes and shared in March 2020 when schools closed with no notice. Please watch through first before sharing with your students. Many teachers still use these in emergency substitute situations. (2) Editable Assessments: Editable versions of each quiz and the unit test are included. PowerPoint is required to edit these files. Individual problems can be changed to create multiple versions of the assessment. The layout of the assessment itself is not editable. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine (I use MathType), simply delete my equation and insert your own.
(3) Google Slides Version of the PDF: The second page of the Video links document contains a link to a Google Slides version of the PDF. Each page is set to the background in Google Slides. There are no text boxes; this is the PDF in Google Slides. I am unable to do text boxes at this time but hope this saves you a step if you wish to use it in Slides instead!
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Geometry First Semester Notes Bundle
Geometry Curriculum (with Activities)
More Geometry Units:
Unit 1 – Geometry Basics
Unit 2 – Logic and Proof
Unit 3 – Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
Unit 5 – Relationships in Triangles
Unit 6 – Similar Triangles
Unit 7 – Right Triangles and Trigonometry Unit 8 – Polygons and Quadrilaterals
Unit 9 – Transformations
Unit 10 – Circles
Unit 11 – Volume and Surface Area Unit 12 – Probability
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable , meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at [email protected].
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.
© All Things Algebra (Gina Wilson), 2012-present
Questions & Answers
All things algebra.
- We're hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student privacy
- Terms of service
- Tell us what you think
- For Parents
- For Teachers
- Teaching Topics
- EM3/CCSS at Home
- Family Letters
- Student Gallery
- Understanding EM
- Algorithms/ Computation
- Student Links
EM4 at Home
Everyday Mathematics for Parents: What You Need to Know to Help Your Child Succeed
The University of Chicago School Mathematics Project
University of Chicago Press
Learn more >>
Help with algorithms.
Access video tutorials, practice exercises, and information on the research basis and development of various algorithms.
Everyday Mathematics Online
With a login provided by your child's teacher, access resources to help your child with homework or brush up on your math skills.
Parent Connections on Publisher's site
McGraw-Hill Education offers many resources for parents, including tips, activities, and helpful links.
Parent Resources on EverydayMath.com
EverydayMath.com features activity ideas, literature lists, and family resources for the EM curriculum.
Understanding Everyday Mathematics for Parents
Learn more about the EM curriculum and how to assist your child.
Geo.1 Constructions and Rigid Transformations
In this unit, students first informally explore geometric properties using straightedge and compass constructions. This allows them to build conjectures and observations before formally defining rotations, reflections, and translations. In middle school, students studied transformations of figures in the coordinate plane. In this unit, they transition to more formal definitions that don't rely on the coordinate plane, and the focus shifts from transforming whole figures towards a more point-by-point analysis. Students then begin to use the rigorous definitions they developed to prove statements involving angles and distances, preparing them for congruence proofs in the next unit.
A blank reference chart is provided for students, and a completed reference chart for teachers. The purpose of the reference chart is to be a resource for students to reference as they make formal arguments. Students will continue adding to it throughout the course. Refer to About These Materials in the Geometry course for more information.
- 2 Constructing Patterns
- 3 Construction Techniques 1: Perpendicular Bisectors
- 4 Construction Techniques 2: Equilateral Triangles
- 5 Construction Techniques 3: Perpendicular Lines and Angle Bisectors
- 6 Construction Techniques 4: Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
- 7 Construction Techniques 5: Squares
- 8 Using Technology for Constructions
- 9 Speedy Delivery
- 10 Rigid Transformations
- 11 Defining Reflections
- 12 Defining Translations
- 13 Incorporating Rotations
- 14 Defining Rotations
- 15 Symmetry
- 16 More Symmetry
- 17 Working with Rigid Transformations
- 18 Practicing Point by Point Transformations
Evidence and Proof
- 19 Evidence, Angles, and Proof
- 20 Transformations, Transversals, and Proof
- 21 One Hundred and Eighty
- 22 Now What Can You Build?
- Skip to main content
payment plans are now available • visit the shop to learn more!
All Things Algebra®
$200 - $320
This curriculum includes 940+ pages of instructional materials (warm-ups, guided notes, homework assignments, quizzes, unit tests, review materials, a midterm exam, a final exam, spiral reviews, and many other extras) for Geometry.
All answer keys are included.
- Additional Information
- What Educators Are Saying
This curriculum is divided into the following units:
Download a breakdown of the topics in each unit here.
Geometry Warm-Ups Geometry Spiral Reviews Mid-Year Test & Study Guide End of Year Review Packets + Quizzes Final Exam
This bundle does not contain activities.
For supplemental activities, I highly recommend purchasing the Geometry Activities Bundle to accompany this curriculum, or, the Geometry Curriculum (with Activities) Bundle .
No part of this resource may be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.
What standards is this curriculum aligned to?
What format are the files in, will i have access to materials if they are updated, are answer keys included, are videos included.
I love this resource and can't wait to purchase the activity bundle to go with it! It is so well organized and my students have really benefited from the notes. I especially appreciate how clear the notes for writing proofs are. This is such a difficult skill and the author really breaks it down so simply. Thank you for this product!
This is the 2rd Bundle I've bought from Gina with All things Algebra, and I cannot express how much these curriculum have changed my life (both personally and professionally). I teach at a school where the subject that I teach changes from semester to semester. Any and all high school math is fair game to assign me. The units are put together in an organized way and I can spend more of my time working to differentiate instruction, work with students, and find engaging supplemental activities to go along with the material (although I use the Activities Bundles that are an option to purchase all the time). instead of learning and creating a new curriculum from scratch every time they give me a new subject. I have more time at home with my family because of this resource. I actually enjoy teaching more than I ever have after that weight was lifted. I am eternally grateful.
My students love using this resource! This resource has replaced the current curriculum that I use in my classroom. The students love how to notes include practice problems and they love watching the videos when they are absent or need a refresher. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! Geometry teachers, this resource eliminates the need to plan. Buy it now!