The Nicolson Institute
Sgoil mhicneacail, latest website updates.
- School Year at a Glance
- THE NICOLSON INSTITUTE - Thursday 15th February 2024
- S2-S3 Options booklet 2024-25 Available Now
- STUDY SUPPORT - LATEST
- Foghlam tron Ghàidhlig
- P7-S1 GME Information
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Schools directory
- Resources Jobs Schools directory News Search
40 x Higher English A grade folio essays: creative, reflective, persuasive, discursive.
Age range: 11-14
Resource type: Other
25 February 2019
- Share through email
- Share through twitter
- Share through linkedin
- Share through facebook
- Share through pinterest
Tes paid licence How can I reuse this?
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 86%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
100 A grade essays: GCSE National 5 Higher A level English
A bundle of 100 A grade essays relevant to the GCSE, National 5, Higher and A Level English syllabi.
Creative writing bundle: Primary-Higher English Essays, Worksheets, Powerpoints
Creative writing bundle: Primary-Higher level English essays, worksheets, and Powerpoints.
118 x A-grade Higher and National 5 English Folio and Critical Essays
Your rating is required to reflect your happiness.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Definitely worth the money
Empty reply does not make any sense for the end user
Report this resource to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions. Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.
Not quite what you were looking for? Search by keyword to find the right resource:
- Sep 19, 2019
SQA English Portfolio Template (Higher and Nat 5)
Updated: Mar 2, 2022
Book your N5/H Grade Booster Days now! 8 hours of in-person intensive exam preparation with our expert teachers who are SQA markers.
What is the SQA English folio template?
All National 5 and Higher English candidates are required to submit a portfolio which contains TWO pieces of writing.
In order to do this, you must use an official Folio template to produce hard copies of your portfolio, which will be sent to the SQA.
Why do we need to use the official SQA English template?
Since 2016 portfolios have been e-marked. This means that each candidate’s portfolio must be scanned and then read by the marker.
As you can imagine, having all types of fonts sizes, line spaces and margins could make reading the folios difficult. If the information is missing or any part of the Folio is impossible to read, this could result in a lower grade for the candidate. Therefore, a template with standard fonts and margins makes the process much smoother and improves your chances of getting a good result.
What format does the SQA English folio template use?
The template is available in a Word format. This means if you are using a Mac rather than a PC you should use Word for Mac.
How do I use the SQA English folio template?
You can download and/or print copies of the template as required. The SQA recommend that candidates type directly onto the template. But, you can also copy and paste your writing from another file. The template has a straightforward format and is set up with a common font and font size.
Do you have to type into the SQA English Folio Template?
If you prefer to write by hand, you could also print the template and write directly onto it. But this means you have write very neatly and carefully. Most candidates prefer the electronic method.
If I type into it, can I just send my English Folio electronically?
No. You or your teacher must print out a hard copy which must be submitted through the school or centre in the usual way. It would also be wise to keep a saved version of your final version.
Do I need to use a different template for each piece of writing?
No, Both portfolio pieces can be contained within one template. Just make a clear indication of where each piece of writing starts by using a description and title.
Eg. Discursive Writing: Are Drones Flying Above the Law?Personal Writing: Holiday Disaster.
Do I have to include the pieces in a certain order?
Yes. Please ensure that the pieces follow the order of the flyleaf, – broadly creative followed by broadly discursive.
It is recommended that the portfolio pieces are printed double-sided where possible. This just allows for quicker processing and helps save trees too.
Important points to remember
Each portfolio must be accompanied with the SQA flyleaf. These are the front covers, which the school or centre provides.
They will require you to include your name, school, candidate number, as well as the title and word count of each of your two pieces. Please ensure all of the information on your flyleaf is completed and accurate. Any errors or incomplete sections could delay your exam results, which is never a good thing!
Your school or centre will have strict dates upon which the Folios will be collected. These are given to the school by the SQA and are non-negotiable.
This means that it is really important that have your Folio completed by your official deadline. Check with your teacher to confirm you know your deadline.
How much of my mark is my English folio worth?
Your Folio is potentially worth a whopping 30% of your final grade.
So it is worth ensuring it is the best work you can produce. Getting it right, reduces the pressure of your final exam. If you are unsure about any aspect of it, speak to your teacher for advice.
If you need support in National 5 or Higher subjects you can book classes here.
Not ready to book? That's fine! Sign up for updates here instead until you're ready to book.
Best of Luck from the team at Saturday School!
- SQA Nat 5 and Higher English
Saturday School Guide to Higher RUAE
SQA National 5 English: An expert guide to National 5 RUAE
SQA Higher English: an expert guide to RUAE
187 Impressive Higher English Persuasive Essay Topics 
Persuasive essay writing is a popular assignment for students in high school and college alike. This is not surprising. After all, it is a basic of the learning process. However, finding ideas for such a task isn’t easy, especially if you’re looking for higher persuasive essay topics.
One of the subjects that requires you to write such a paper is higher English. To pass this class, you have to deal with and compose quite tricky texts. Thus, if you are studying this subject, you will have to be ready to face many writing challenges.
This is why our team has created a list of the most fruitful ideas for academic writing. For your convenience, we divided the higher English persuasive essay topics into several sections. So, navigate our page, look through all the examples, and make your search even more effective.
❓ What Is Higher English?
- 💭 How to Choose?
- 📎 For High School
- ✒️ For College
- 📖 Literature
- 🙊 Controversial Issues
- 🏫 Education
- 🗳️ Politics
- 💭 Philosophy
If you’ve studied in any country other than the UK, you may be wondering what higher English is. Is it a course? Is it a level? Well, in this section, we dive into the definition of the phrase.
Higher English is a course typical for the UK, particularly for England and Scotland. It investigates the English language and literature on a deep level.
It can be taught both:
- as an independent subject
- alongside other higher science programs
Developing a portfolio is one of the requirements for completing an advanced higher English course. It takes 30% of the overall grade. Thus, folio plays a vital role in accomplishing the course. For a successful portfolio, students have to write two texts, no less than 1300 words each. Composing them, they have to use creative and discursive writing techniques.
Generally, higher English is focused on advancing reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. By the end of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- use complex language;
- apply literature knowledge in everyday life;
- understand the core of language operation.
Students are required to write an impressive number of persuasive essays. Here is where they may face difficulties with the appropriate topic selection.
We will not let you worry about that.
You can find a list of useful higher English persuasive topics created by our team on our page. Take a look at it and choose the most exciting idea for your essay!
💭 How to Choose a Persuasive Topic for Higher Folio?
A higher folio has to include a persuasive essay in it. Therefore, first, let’s figure out what it is.
A persuasive essay is one of the types of discursive essays. Its distinctive feature is the presence of a particular situation. Discuss a problem or issue is essential to its purpose.
Now, let’s narrow down the focus:
What is the nature of persuasive writing? It is a writing technique that aims to convince readers to accept the author’s point of view. Moreover, it often includes a call to action. It motivates the audience to take specific steps to achieve the desired result.
Be careful there! Learn how to distinguish an argumentative essay from a persuasive one.
An argumentative essay is often based on a consistent explanation and logical reasoning. It shows the readers the writer’s point of view, yet doesn’t call them for any action. In contrast, a persuasive essay relies on emotions and expressions of personal opinions. A perfect way to see those differences would be by going to an essay examples database that certainly would contain a variety of paper types.
Now, let’s move to the issue of an effective selection of a persuasive topic for higher English. Our team prepared some useful tips for you. Don’t hesitate to use them.
- Keep your goal in mind. The persuasive essay aims to present all the arguments that can convince the reader that the writer is right. So, choosing a topic, pick the one that you can elaborate on and persuade in.
- Choose the essay idea wisely. Ensure that the topic is appropriate and relevant for the tutor who will check and grade your paper. You’re writing for them.
- Make sure to have enough resources. Evaluate whether there is enough information on the topic so that you can write a compelling essay. Check the possible trustworthy sources for the evidence that you’ll use in the paper.
- Show your best side. Consider whether you can demonstrate your skills, composing on the chosen idea. Remember that you’re writing an essay for your portfolio. You may want it to look as perfect as possible and highlight your strengths. That is to say, see if you can elaborate on the topic.
- Compose a strong introductory paragraph. An introduction is crucial because it grabs the reader’s attention and presents a thesis. Think of a strong thesis statement and whether you can come up with one. If you cannot compose a powerful thesis statement, better choose a more successful topic.
- Don’t choose an overused topic. Determine the originality of your idea and your willingness to write about it. Try to google persuasive essay examples and figure out what topics are the most common and widely used. Based on your observations, come up with a unique issue and surprise your readers with it.
⭐ Top 12 Higher Persuasive Essay Topics
- Unions are important.
- Zoos are unacceptable.
- Paper books are obsolete.
- Graffiti is art.
- We will live on Mars.
- English is universal .
- Plastic bags are useful.
- Cloning is unethical.
- Student uniform is obsolete.
- UK schools are better.
- Most effective propaganda techniques.
- Internships should be paid.
☝️ Amazing Higher English Persuasive Essay Topics
Just like any other assignment, an essay may be of different degrees of complexity. This is how we divided our higher English persuasive essay ideas into several sections.
So don’t waste your time. Go to the corresponding section and select the most appropriate topic.
📎 Higher English Topics for High School
A subject of higher English may seem very unfamiliar and bizarre at school. Being unprepared for the complexity of the course can scare you. Pupils get extremely confused when it comes to the topic search.
You are lucky:
We prepared a list of exceptional topics for middle school and high school students. Feel free to use it. Be prepared to face any challenges of the higher English course!
- The significance of literacy .
- Football has a direct impact on the culture of England.
- Foreign languages should be taught in every school.
- Both abstinence and safe sex should be taught in high schools.
- School uniforms should be mandatory to maintain discipline.
- People should quit smoking .
- Eating disorders among teenage girls is an issue that shouldn’t be underestimated.
- Motivation theories are incredibly effective in education .
- Self-esteem plays a crucial role in students’ health condition .
- Alcohol negatively affects adolescent health , so their parents should monitor alcohol consumption by teens.
- Children and teenagers should not be silent about domestic violence .
- The government should ban sports betting.
- We should drink enough water.
- The minimization of a generation gap is crucial for a healthy relationship in a family.
- Drug tests should be mandatory for high school sportspeople.
- A gap year is a great idea . Convince your readers about the usefulness of taking a gap year after finishing school. Prove the rightness of your position by providing strong arguments. In case you don’t agree with the statement, provide well-developed counterarguments.
- Alcohol consumption in the UK. The government of the UK should introduce measures to limit alcohol consumption. We have to avoid possible adverse ramifications. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Prove your point of view by providing strong arguments.
- Studying in the United Kingdom is a great experience. What are the positive sides of gaining an education in the UK? Convince your readers to study the UK.
- A grade does not reflect students’ knowledge. Give your readers a clear explanation of why grades do not demonstrate a student’s performance in the class. Persuade them to pay more attention to education. You might believe that grades reflect a student’s academic performance. Then, support your position by providing counterarguments.
- Violent video games should be banned . What are the possible negative consequences caused by video games? Prove your audience the necessity to ban violent video games.
✒️ Higher English Topics for College
The majority of UK colleges require their students to take the course of higher English. Therefore, you need to be ready. Difficulties caused by this subject should not be your worry.
Since we care about college students, we gathered persuasive essay ideas in one place. So, if you are seeking help, you are on the right page! Scroll through our topics and chose the most appropriate for you.
- Cheating during college exams should be strictly punished because it is demoralizing.
- The benefits of active listening are crucial in demonstrating high performance in the workplace.
- Students’ time management strategies should be taken into consideration by every student.
- Sleep is essential because deprivation affects college students’ academic performance.
- Should fast food qualify as ‘food’?
- A healthy lifestyle and eating should become the norm for every person.
- Alternative energy sources are crucial for saving the planet.
- A family should promote mobility, not limit it.
- We have to implement specific strategies to combat the sexist language.
- Communication skills are essential in a successful business leading.
- Teaching deaf children how to read is a vital part of deaf kids’ mental development.
- Parents should control the impact of TV cartoons on their children’s behavior .
- Community services for mentally disabled people should be highly-developed.
- Recycling should become mandatory.
- Businesses should invest money in innovations.
- Genetically modified food should not be a threat to the population. Give a clear explanation of why GMO products are safe to consume. If you disagree with the statement, provide strong counterarguments to prove your position.
- Should smoking be banned in public places? Decide on whether it should be prohibited on not and prove your position. Your arguments should support only one side of the issue. Don’t stay somewhere in the middle.
- We should expand the legal age for getting a driving license in the UK . Explain why 17 years old adolescents are not mature enough to drive a car. If you don’t agree with the statement, provide counterarguments to prove the rightness of your point of view.
- E-books should not replace paper books. Express your position regarding this statement. Provide clear arguments or counterarguments to prove your point of view.
- English language learning should be mandatory in every country. The main idea of the essay: English is a global language. Support this statement and persuade the readers about the significance of English knowledge in the modern world.
💪 Persuasive Essay Topics: Advanced Higher English
If you are a university student in Scotland, you will be familiar with higher English. You may have to be ready for an advanced one as well.
Choose the most appropriate idea among a wide variety of persuasive essay topics about Scotland. Although the task is quite challenging, you don’t need to worry. Consider our list of cool essay topics. With it, you will write an outstanding paper without any struggles.
- Gender equity issues in work practices should be considered while creating a healthy working environment.
- The application of social concepts and theories is a part of the general well-being.
- Functionalism, conflict, and interactionism are the most significant aspects of sociological theories .
- Data collect regarding customer should be considered as a future of e-commerce.
- Scotland’s tourism products and destination identity develop the tourism market economy.
- Organizational behavior issues and theories are vital in leading a successful business.
- ICT impacts curriculum development and reforms in the United Kingdom to a great extent.
- Public sector financial management plays a crucial role in the general well-being of the country.
- Scottish routes company establishment is a turning point in the online marketing platform development.
- The city authorities should prevent senior citizens’ abuse .
- Women’s rights violations should not exist in modern society.
- Freedom of speech, religion, and religious tolerance are the fundamental concepts of modern civilized society.
- E-Commerce adoption results in wise business positioning. How will e-commerce help to increase the dynamics of any business? Convince your audience about the significance of e-commerce by providing strong arguments.
- Human rights play a vital role in public opinion-making. Support this idea with well-developed arguments and examples. If you disagree with the statement, provide compelling counterarguments to prove the rightness of your opinion.
- Globalization ruins the cultural heritage of the nations . Comment on the impact of the world globalization on the national identity of every country. Persuade the readers to preserve the national culture of their home countries.
👍 Good Persuasive Essay Topics for Higher English
Our team’s main aim is to help the students in all the possible ways. So, we decided to develop one more method to divide the academic essay topics.
Look through the sections, decide what is the most suitable for you, and choose a fascinating essay topic. An essay idea search has never been so easy, right?
💬 Persuasive Essay Topics on Language
Language is one of the most potent tools for communication within one nation and internationally. Moreover, it carries the cultural identity of the country, preserving a spirit.
The topic of language is too diverse and has a lot of aspects to discuss. Consequently, professors of higher English course usually give essays on it.
The section Topics For Persuasive Essay UK will provide you with a wide variety of ideas. Don’t waste your time! Choose an appropriate topic for your paper right away.
- Language influences our attitude to a great extent.
- Sexism is present in the English Language.
- Language and communication are two different concepts .
- Language has a direct influence on cognition.
- Shakespeare affected the modern English language to a great extent.
- To understand how language operates, we should first examine English Language Evolution .
- Multilingualism should be accepted and encouraged in modern society.
- Accents and dialects are the critical components of language intervention.
- The teachers should learn linguistics.
- The change in languages over time is harmful to the nation.
- Scottish Gaelic and Goidelic Celtic languages should not have been restricted in the 16th century.
- Text autocorrect negatively influences the level of literacy and language knowledge.
- We should consider Scots Gaelic as a separate language from Irish.
- English should become an official international language.
- Body language can say more than verbal communication.
- Joking or expressing love in a foreign language is harder than in a native one . Either support or contradict this statement by providing appropriate examples and clear arguments.
- The implementation of one universal language is a bad idea . Why and how it can impact the national diversity of the world? Prove the importance of preserving national languages.
- The Scottish language will soon disappear. Conduct research on the usage of Scottish nowadays. Is it very wide-spread? How many people know and use it in everyday life?
- “As many languages you know, as many times you are a human being.” – Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk. Develop this thought by providing strong arguments and examples. Persuade your readers about the importance of foreign language learning.
- Irish language learning should become mandatory in the educational institutions of Ireland . Explain the significance of the Irish language for the population of Ireland. In case you don’t agree with the statement, provide clear counterarguments to prove your position.
🙊 Persuasive Essay Topics on Controversial Issues
- Is attention deficit disorder a real disorder?
- To deal with girls’ discrimination in the modern educational system , girls need to receive more attention than boys.
- Should cigarette smoking be banned?
- LGBTQ+ communities should have equal rights all over the world.
- Adoption, childlessness, or reproductive technology – which one is the most effective and ethical?
- Abortion should be legalized for underaged girls.
- Should smoking tobacco be classified as an illegal drug?
- Are surrogacy and its effects on families harmful for children?
- Should student diversity be present in a school classroom?
- Tuition fees should become lower.
- Should homelessness become a concern of city authorities or governmental representatives?
- Should the death penalty be legalized in the United Kingdom?
- Should sex education become mandatory in all high schools in Scotland?
- The mental health of employees should be a concern of employers.
- Health care should be free.
- Should women develop a career and have a stable income before giving birth to kids?
- Should the production and selling of energy drinks be banned? Explain the harm of energetics on the health of a human being. Decide whether energy drinks are worth consuming. Persuade the readers about the rightness of your position by presenting strong arguments.
- Suicides among male teen homosexuals: harassment, shame, or stigma? In your opinion, what is the main reason for suicides among them? Support your position with clear evidence and appropriate examples.
- Does studying abroad result in better education? Analyze the positive and negative aspects of gaining higher education abroad. Express your own opinion regarding this issue and convince your readers about your rightness.
- Should birth control be monitored on a governmental level? Why is birth control crucial in modern society? What are the religious, cultural, and political aspects of birth control? Explain the link between birth control and gender and sexuality issues. Support your opinion by providing well-structured arguments.
🏫 Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- The college students should be ready to face challenges and pressures.
- There is a strong correlation between wearing a school uniform and academic performance .
- Sex education plays an essential role in preventing teenage pregnancy.
- Student diversity in school classroom influences the educational process in a positive way.
- The curriculum approaches in England and Scotland differ to a great extent.
- At university, acquiring skills is more significant than getting grades.
- Cheating on college exams is demoralizing.
- Could electronic cigarettes help university students give smoking up?
- Athletes that represent educational institutions should receive scholarships covering their tuition fees.
- In schools, we should teach colorblind children what colors are.
- Art oriented activities like drama clubs, music lessons, and handicraft classes are essential for the all-round development of children.
- A university should be a dry campus. Comment on the negative influence of alcohol on the learning process. Persuade your readers about the importance of controlling alcohol consumption while being a student.
- Single-sex schooling in education is effective. Convince the readers about the effectiveness of single-sex education by providing strong evidence. If you don’t agree with the statement, express the opposing position. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments.
- Online education cannot fully replace the regular one . Compare and contrast these two ways of gaining knowledge. Provide clear arguments to prove the significance of attending educational institutions. Explain why having in-class discussions is crucial for students’ development. Do you believe that regular education is replaceable by the remote one? Then provide counterarguments to support your position.
- The internet has a negative influence on the educational process . How the internet stops the mental development of kids, teenagers, and grown-ups? Persuade readers to limit internet usage while studying.
🗳️ Persuasive Essay Topics on Politics
- To prevent the adverse effects of corruption, we should eliminate its causes.
- The political parties of the United Kingdom are way more reliable than in the United States .
- Human rights should not intervene in public opinion-making.
- Politics and religion interdependence impacts the general political situation of a country.
- Political freedom is a significant key to the general well- being of modern society.
- Terrorism should not be used as a political instrument.
- Civil disobedience in contemporary society is a massive threat to civilians and governments.
- International humanitarian law is a useful tool to reduce the hazardous effects of military conflicts.
- The royal family is the indicator of the UK political system’s uniqueness.
- We should protect the confidentiality in the health care system.
- The voting system should be fair and transparent.
- The COVID-19 outbreak of 2019-2020 has a direct influence on international political relations.
- Scotland would not be a stronger country if it existed independently from the UK. What are the benefits for Scotland of being in a political union with the United Kingdom? Persuade your readers in a mutually beneficial economic and political cooperation.
- Brexit happened against Scotland’s will. Elaborate on the wish of the Scottish population to remain the part of the European Union. Prove that the negotiation of the conflict between England, Wales, and Scotland was not diplomatic enough.
- The retirement policy of the UK should be changed. What are the main weaknesses of the current British retirement system? Give your suggestions on how it can be improved. Convince your readers in the usefulness of the retirement policy modifications.
💭 Persuasive Essay Topics on Philosophy
- Dystopia idea in movies and novels influences people’s perception of life in a negative way.
- Philosophy ideology of success and failure plays a vital role in reaching high results.
- Suicide conflicts with moral philosophy and human values.
- Classic philosophical problems embodied in films can help people in dealing with them.
- We cannot ignore the philosophy of critical issues in today’s society .
- Spiritual and physical journeys play a vital role in human life.
- The philosophy of religion helps people to dive deep into their beliefs and values.
- Unethical treatment of animals contradicts the moral concepts of philosophy.
- From the philosophical perspective, heroism should be considered as a dedication to principles.
- Specific philosophical values help develop resilience in the face of adversity.
- Should human rights be violated if it may help the life of a person?
- Abortion should be band because it contradicts the ethical ideas of humanity.
- In the battle well-paid job vs. vocation, vocation should win . Explain the philosophy of vocation. Persuade the readers to follow their hearts when it comes to a choice of profession.
- Philosophy Issue: Truth vs. Happiness. While choosing between these two notions, what would you select? Persuade your audience about the rightness of your position by presenting well-structured and clear arguments.
- Philosophy plays a significant role in education . Convince your readers about the importance of philosophy while gaining knowledge. In case you don’t agree with the position of philosophy in school, present the opposing opinion. Provide counterarguments to support your ideas.
🗿 Persuasive Essay Topics on History
- The black death disease should be perceived as one of the most horrible pandemics that hit the medieval world.
- Industrial Revolution in England opened a new era of technical advancement.
- The conditions of the working class in England is one of the causes of the industrial revolution.
- Great Britain Empire’ Alliances led to the break out of the European Great War.
- Enlightenment and Romantic Age pushed the development of the British culture forward.
- History of Celtic Christianity has a direct impact on the development of religion in the UK.
- The provisional Irish republican army is one of the most dangerous terrorist organizations.
- The British ideal of an orderly world shaped the world we live in today.
- English Civil War has a direct impact on American colonists.
- The Wars of the Three Kingdoms formed the history of modern England, Scotland, and Ireland.
- Elizabeth II -is the legend of contemporary world history . Provide a brief overview of the queen’s achievements. Convince the readers about the uniqueness of Elizabeth’s II as a historical figure.
- The Great Fire of London is one of the darkest events in British history. Comment on the terrific outcomes of the tragedy. How did the fire impact the economic situation in the entire county?
- Oxford University is the place where ordinary people turn into upstanding figures . Introduce three of the most influential alumnae of Oxford University. What was their input in the scientific development of the UK? Prove the crucial role of Oxford University in the British educational system.
- William Wallace is a person who successfully fought for Scottish independence . Elaborate on his role in British history and prove the importance of his actions.
- History, culture, and language of Wales directly influenced the development of the United Kingdom. Give a brief overview of Wales formation starting from the ancient times and mowing to the 21st century. Prove the connection between Wales and the UK historical and cultural progress.
Thank you for visiting our page! We hope our article was insightful and full of useful ideas. Don’t forget to share it with the other students!
- Higher English, Course Overview and Resources: SQA, Scottish Qualifications Authority
- Higher English: Planit National Qualifications
- The Complete Guide to English-Language Certificates: Preparation Courses Portal
- How to Create a Thesis Statement for a Persuasive Essay: Amy Mahoney, Pen and the Pad
- 434 Good Persuasive Topics for Speech or Essay: My Speech Class
- Senior Fiction Suggestions for Advanced Higher English Dissertations: Senior Reading by Subject, Shetland Library
- Persuasive Essay Examples: AcademicHelp.net
- Choose Bright Persuasive Essay Topics 6 Main Steps: Persuasive Papers
- Strong Thesis Statements: Purdue Online Writing Lab, College of Liberal Arts, Purdue University
- Basic Steps in the Research Process: North Hennepin Community College
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay: Esther Lombardi, ThoughtCo
- Persuasive Essay: Writing Resources, Hamilton College
- Persuasive Writing: Read Write Think
- Distinguishing Argumentation from Persuasion: Thoughtful Learning, K-12
- Find Your Argument: Australian National University, Canberra
- Argument: The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- What Is an Essay: Library University of Leeds
- Counterargument: Gordon Harvey (adapted from The Academic Essay: A Brief Anatomy), for the Writing Center at Harvard University
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via email
You might also like
193 Sports Persuasive Essay Topics [with Tips & Examples]
Top 257 Good Persuasive Essay Topics [Tips & Prompts]
150 Strong History Dissertation Topics to Write about
This is so helpful, I’m going to use some of these topics with my students!
Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it!
- Why Choose Us
- Vision and Mission
- Hire Writers
- How it Works
How to Choose Impressive Higher English Discursive Essay Topics?
Table Of Contents
What is higher english what do you understand, how to choose higher english discursive essay topics, amazing higher english discursive essay topics suggestions, experts assistance for choosing best essay discursive topic.
When it comes to choosing the higher English discursive essay topics ? Then it becomes one of the hectic tasks for the students. During the time of writing the discursive essay topic, it helps to provide the rare opportunity that students can walk the fine line that helps them to separate a discursive essay from the other sections like the argumentative or the persuasive essay. On the other hand, when we talk about certain key points for the same, the discursive essay might help to resemble the other essay types we discussed previously. They are still very distinct from it. While writing an argumentative essay convinces the students of an argument, but when it comes to the discursive essay seeks to examine the arguments on the opposing sides of the issue.
Need Personalised Assistance from Our Experts?
Share Your Requirements via Whatsapp!
If you are one of those students who have studied in a country other than the UK, you may wonder what higher English is. Is it a course or here talking about the level? First, let us clarify that it is one of the sections that help students dive into the definition of some of the courses. In the UK, higher English is one of the courses for the students, particularly in England and Scotland. It helps to determine the English language and the literature very deeply. Below are some tips students can learn by studying higher English. They are:
- Higher English as an independent subject
- Additionally, other higher science programs
Most of the time, discursive essay examples higher English is one of the sections that help to focus on the students' advanced reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. By the end of the course, students should be able to do the following mentioned things:
- They can able to use the complex languages
- Students can able to apply the literature knowledge in life
- Understand the base of the language operation
Every student is required to write an impressive and catchy discursive higher English essay, but specific issues arise in their academic life. One of them is choosing a unique and catchy for the higher English discursive essay topics . Suppose you are also one of those students facing a problem selecting the topic, then go through the below-mentioned tips. Here we discuss how students can choose the best topic for their write-up.
Also Read: How to Write Discursive Essay | Everything You Need to Know
Once you are done knowing what is higher English discursive essay. Then it is time to move to the challenging part of selecting the topic. Below mentioned are the useful tips that students can use for choosing the topic for their topic. Also, you can ask for discursive essay examples higher English .
Motive of Writing
With the help of the discursive essay, students can present all the arguments that can convince their readers that the writer is talking about the right scenario and the relevant things. This is why you choose the topic you can elaborate on and persuade. Also, they can choose law essay writing service .
Pick the Theme Wisely
When choosing the topic, make sure that the topic is appropriate and relevant for the professor, who will go through the same and grade the paper as the requirements. Focus on covering all the pointers to meet the expectation of the professor.
Utilise the Resources
First, evaluate that you have enough information on your chosen topic. Also, choose the things that are compelling essays. Finally, check for the possible relevant and trustworthy sources for the statement you will use in the essay writeup.
The above are some tips students can use to choose the best higher English discursive essay . These helpful tips make it easy for students to pick the best topic. However, if you still have doubts and cannot choose a reliable topic, we are providing some suggestions for higher English discursive essay topics that students can use for their writeup.
Below mentioned are the higher E nglish discursive essay examples . Let’s have a look
- The importance of literacy
- Football has a direct influence on English culture.
- Every school should teach foreign languages.
- High schools should teach both abstinence and safe.
- To ensure discipline, school uniforms should be required.
- People should give off smoking.
- Eating disorders in adolescent females are a serious problem that should not be overlooked.
- In education, motivation theories are quite successful.
- Their self-esteem greatly influences students' health.
- Because alcohol harms teenage health, parents should keep an eye on their children's alcohol usage.
- Children and teens should not remain silent in the face of domestic violence.
- Sports betting should be prohibited by the government.
- We should drink plenty of water.
- The reduction of the generation gap is critical for good family interaction.
- High school athletes should be subjected to drug tests.
- Cheating on college examinations should be penalised severely since it is discouraging.
- The advantages of active listening are critical in exhibiting excellent performance at work.
- Every student should evaluate the time management practices of their peers.
- Sleep is vital since sleep loss impacts college students' academic performance.
- Should fast food be considered "food"?
- A healthy way of life and eating should become the standard for everyone.
- Alternative energy sources are critical to the planet's survival.
Above are some suggestions for choosing the d iscursive e ssay i deas f or h igher English . If you are still not able to grasp the concept and not able to choose the best one for your write-up, then get the consultation of our expert writer . They will help you in completing the essay within a short period. So let’s get a consultation with professionals.
Several students stuck with choosing the right higher English discursive essay topics . At that time Assignment Desk is the saviour for students. They provide assignment writing help to students. You can consult professional writers if you are also going through the same scenario or not getting a solution for educational issues. They have vast knowledge and rich experience in providing the best essay writing services. Also, many students in the UK take assistance from experts to complete their work within the given period. Experts will offer a wide range of topics to students.
With the help of those suggestions, students can choose the best one for their essay help online and secure higher academic grades.
Additionally, at some point, students face issues in drafting the whole write-up. So, in this case, also they can take consultation from an academic writing service provider. So what are you waiting for? Want help with essay writing tasks? Get reliable consultation.
Share Your Requirements Now for Customized Solutions.
Delivered on-time or your money back
- Assignment Writing Service
- Essay Writing Help
- Dissertation Writing Service
- Coursework Writing Service
- Proofreading & Editing Service
- Online Exam Help
- Term paper writing service
- Ghost Writing Service
- Case Study Writing Service
- Research Paper Writing Service
- Personal Statement Writing Service
- Resume Writing Service
- Report Writing Service
To Make Your Work Original
Check your work against paraphrasing & get a free Plagiarism report!
Check your work against plagiarism & get a free Plagiarism report!
Quick and Simple Tool to Generate Dissertation Outline Instantly
Get citations & references in your document in the desired style!
Make your content free of errors in just a few clicks for free!
Generate plagiarism-free essays as per your topic’s requirement!
Generate a Compelling Thesis Statement and Impress Your Professor
- Topic Creation USD 3.87 FREE
- Outline USD 9.33 FREE
- Unlimited Revisions USD 20.67 FREE
- Editing/Proofreading USD 28 FREE
- Formatting USD 8 FREE
- Bibliography USD 7.33 FREE
Get all these features for
USD 80.67 FREE
Writing an Essay in Half Time: Secrets Revealed by Best Essay Writing Service
4 Tips to Enhance Your Essay Writing Skills in an Instant
Process Essay: The Secrets of Process Essay
7 Essay Writing Tips: Secret Shared by Experts to Impress Your Professor
Correct Your Essay Writing Concepts.! You Have Been Using the Wrong Ones
Professional assignment writers.
Choose a writer for your task among hundreds of professionals
Please rotate your device
We don't support landscape mode yet. Please go back to portrait mode for the best experience
Calculate the Price
Professional Academic Help at Pocket-Friendly Prices!
- Our Listings
- Our Rentals
- Tenant Portal
offers three types of essay writers: the best available writer aka. standard, a top-level writer, and a premium essay expert. Every class, or type, of an essay writer has its own pros and cons. Depending on the difficulty of your assignment and the deadline, you can choose the desired type of writer to fit in your schedule and budget. We guarantee that every writer will be a subject-matter expert with proper writing skills and background knowledge across all high school, college, and university subjects. Also, we don’t work with undergraduates or dropouts, focusing more on Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral level writers (yes, we offer writers with Ph.D. degrees!)
All our papers are written from scratch. To ensure high quality of writing, the pages number is limited for short deadlines. If you want to order more pages, please choose longer Deadline (Urgency).